I love it when trusted friends offer up their recommendations – especially when it comes to books I should check out. So I want to be that friend for you. Each month (hopefully) I’m going to give you a few suggestions on the latest books that have impacted my life. And who knows, maybe we’ll have other suggested products as well. Trust me, you’ll thank me later.
The Circle Maker – By Mark Batterson
This book encouraged me more than most. Inspiring me to pray and not let go until God either moves, or moves me. It is a powerful call to start circling God’s promises for your life. I was so challenged by this book that I went out (before I had even finished it) and bought three additional copies to give away – and I’ll probably buy more.
Chase The Lion – (also) By Mark Batterson
A powerful read that will challenge you to stop settling and go out and “Chase the lion”. I began to examine my dreams in light of this idea and realized they are nowhere near “big enough”. Chase the Lion is a remarkable message for all dreamers.
*And the fact that both C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien are referenced, doesn’t hurt either.
These are a few additional titles that I just finished this past month. I highly recommend them all.
- The Silver Chair – C.S. Lewis
- The Last Battle – C.S. Lewis
- The Princess and the Goblin – George MacDonald
- Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories Series) – Chris Colfer
Here’s what I’m currently working on – yes there are multiple books. I can never read just one.
- An Author’s Odyssey (The Land of Stories Series) – Chris Colfer
- C.S. Lewis, A Life – Alister McGrath
- The Man with the Bird on His Head – John Rush & Abbe Anderson
- From Buddha to Jesus – Steve Cioccolanti
- Curdie and the Princess – George MacDonald
- Hidden Christmas – Timothy Keller
- The Imagineering Way – The Imagineers (Disney)
- Daring Greatly – Brene Brown
Clearly I have enough to keep me reading for the next few months, but I’m always looking to add to my list. Comment below and let me know what books you’re currently reading.